LP GAS INSTALLATION REGULATIONS: SANS 10087-1:2008 EDITION 5
Change over with safety cut off valve.
Appliances that uses lp gas needs to be installed according to regulations. This is done for health and safety purposes.
Please note that in the event of an accident. When appliances were not installed correctly and a COC (certificate of compliance) were not issued by an qualified installer, then the following may happen.
Issues may arrive from an insurance point of view, and payouts may be problematic.
Also when an installation is carried out by a non qualified installer without an valid coc such a person could be prosecuted.
The following graph / picture is guidlines purposes only, a copy of the regulation should be accompanied by the installer.
Please treat the following as guidelines as the installer needs to do all work according to health and safety standards.
- With out documentation received from the fire department by law one is only permitted upto 100 kg on a specific location, house, restuarant, church, school etc.
- The gas cylinder needs to be 1 meter or more away from an door.
- The gas cylinder needs to be 2 meters or more away from an drain.
- The gas cylinder needs to be 5 meters or more away from an electrical source of ignition.
- The gas cylinder needs to be 1 meter or more away from any open window or the cylinder needs to be covered with a non combustable roof when directly under a open window.
- In height the distance from the gas cyclinder and electrical source of ignition needs to be 1.5 meters or more.